Oil Painting Lessons

Here are several examples of oil paintings I have created using this technique.  Click on them to get a larger view.

Hanging Grapes, an example of this painting is used in the new bonus material section of the E-book.

So why include pictures of my own paintings?  So you can get a deeper understanding of the style and realism that can be achieved using this method of painting.  When I see online lessons offered by others, some are terrific, and well, some are terrible.  Look at the teachers paintings closely.  Would you want to emulate that style or feel into your own paintings?

This is a time honored approach, and it gives you the freedom to paint a vast array of subject matter, and get as detailed as you wish.

With this 3rd edition, I've included a linkable Table of content. This makes it soooo easy to move around the eBook by just clicking the Chapter Link.


In the appendix, I also include an entire chapter for the beginner on how to manipulate the paint to create hard and soft (out of focus) edges, so important in painting realism.  There are 2 example paintings used for this.

I've also included some just released information on the importance of hard and soft edges using my latest painting as an example!

"When I viewed the paintings on the "A Real Art Lesson" ebook cd tears came to my eyes. The work is stunning and truly inspires me to paint again."

Don't have a computer in your art studio? No problem!  With the hi quality PDF format, you can print out this manual and view these great instructions/photo's from anywhere!  (Every e-book I've ever owned, I've done this to. I read better from a hardcopy book for some reason)